Monday, March 3, 2008

CARAVAN- IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, I'D DO IT ALL OVER YOU (1970)

download

Caravan comes from the same Canterbury Scene that produced bands like Matching Mole and Gong.

Caravan take a leap forward in defining their sound on their second album. Extended jams and soaring choruses provide for a hallmark of the early 70's prog rock scene in England (and one of my favorite album covers). Caravan were unique in their style, full of blissful imagery and heavier on jazz influences than other bands in the Canterbury scene. If you like Yes and Pink Floyd you will most likely fall in love with this album (hopefully).

Caravan at the Bataclan in Paris, November 26 1973

1 comment:

Matthew Watkins said...

I suspect that you might like my new Canterbury-oriented podcast:
http://canterburysoundwaves.blogspot.com

Enjoy!